Import a youtube video / playlist into VLC.
- click on the download button below
- when the file appears click on the menu file > save as... of your browser
- put the file in the vlc /lua/playlist folder, by default:
* Windows (all users): %ProgramFiles%\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\playlist\
* Windows (current user): %APPDATA%\vlc\lua\playlist\
* Linux (all users): /usr/lib/vlc/lua/playlist/
* Linux (current user): ~/.local/share/vlc/lua/playlist/
* Mac OS X (all users): /Applications/VLC.app/Contents/MacOS/share/lua/playlist/
(create directories if they don\'t exist)
/!\ Some browser (Chrome...) may change the file extension for ".txt" instead of ".lua", so make sure you choose "All extensions" in the dialog box when you save the file on your computer.
- Copy the URL of the youtube video or playlist (must contain "list=PL...")
- Start VLC, press Ctrl+N, paste the url then click on "Play" (or Alt+P then Enter), the video /playlist should start
/!\ Follow this steps if and only if you have already install the script and it doesn't work..
/!\ for the actual script see the "download" button (playlist_youtube.lua) below.
If the videos list appears in the Vlc "playlist" view but the videos won't start, follow this steps:
1) delete the file "youtube.luac" in [Vlc directory]/lua/playlist directory (ex: c:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\playlist\youtube.luac)
2) get the latest version of thr "youtube" script from here:
3) place the file in the directory [Vlc directory]/lua/playlist (where "youtube.luac" was)
/!\/!\/!\ Please do not paste your raw error log here, use a pastebin service like pastebin.com.
1 year ago
- display clean video title and thumbnail
- Add support for playlist with 100+ videos
- fix change in youtube playslists