Interpretation of Clearlooks, inspired by Ubuntu
- gtk2 theme, based on Human-Clearlooks
- metacity theme, based on Mist
- background images by Oliuss [ http://oliuss.deviantart.com ]
- GDM theme, based on Hardy-Simple Colors [ http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php?content=78197 ]
- Clearlooks engine is required
- For the best result it is expected that you have Compiz-Fusion up and running
1) Extract the contents of "themes" folder into /usr/share/themes folder
2) Apply the theme
3) Download the background images from http://oliuss.deviantart.com/art/Wood-Wallpaper-2-87623810
3) Extract the corresponding background image into /usr/share/backgrounds folder
4) Apply the extracted background
5) Extract the corresponding GDM theme from "gdm" folder
6) Install the extracted GDM theme (System > Administration > Login Window, "Local" tab, "Add")
7) Start gconf-editor in order to change the following properties, adding transparency effect for metacity borders:
- /apps/gwd/metacity_theme_active_opacity = 0.75
- /apps/gwd/metacity_theme_active_shade_opacity = checked
- /apps/gwd/metacity_theme_opacity = 0.75
- /apps/gwd/metacity_theme_shade_opacity = checked
Start ccsm (CompizConfig Setting Manager) in order to change the following properties, adding transparency effect for panels and menus:
- Click "General Options"
- Go to "Opacity Settings" tab
- Click "New" button below
- Set "Opacity window values" = 90
- Set "Opacity windows" - "Dock | Menu | Tooltip | PopupMenu | DropdownMenu"
- Click "Close" button and close ccsm window
9) Reconfigure the current profile of gnome-terminal, changing the colors and adding tranparency effect:
- Click Edit/Current Profile...
- Go to "Colors: tab
- Set "Text color" = "#FFFFFF"
- Set "Background color" = "#565248"
- Go to "Effects" tab
- Turn on transparency effect and set transparency level = ~80%
- bg_color is changed to EFE8D4
- treeview @base_color is changed to shade(1.10, @bg_color)
- panel active @bg_color is changed to darker(@fg_color)
- metacity border color is changed to shade(0.50, @fg_color)
- Separators in OpenOffice look ugly
- Well known firefox/seamonkey/thunderbird issues
Please feel free to use, modify and share
- Alex Kvasov [ firstname.lastname@example.org ]