This is a calendar applet that allows you to mark dates to keep track of progress, things accomplished etc. The purpose of this project is to replace a wall calendar and a pen/marker with a karamba theme.
- 3 possible type of markers that can be applied in any combination to a particular date: line across, filled and empty circle (see screenshot for exmaples)
- config file that let you change font size, color and few other options
- calendar is 12 months and can start at any month/year (see config file)
- python 2.5
- PIL aka python image library (python-imaging package in ubuntu)
Installation and use tips:
To install unpack tar somewhere and open theme in karamba.
- after you changed size options you have to adjust xMarkAdjustment and yMarkAdjustment so that markings are centered on dates (this is a problem and need to be addressed in the future)
- you can lock applet (so that it does not react on left click) by either changing an option in the config file or from menu
- if you want to remove all markings click on a date, don't check any boxes in popup dialog and press ok
Known problems and bugs:
- karamba must be restarted after you changed config file
- contents of tmp folder must be removed after changing size options
- if a day was marked and then markings were changed updates wont go into effect untill you move theme or change desktop
- if you marked some day but then changed starting month and this day is outside calendar's span applet will crash probably (delete progress_calendar.dat to reset markings)