Nihongo Benkyo is a japanese dictionary and learning tool. * Is available for Windows, Linux and other Unix operating systems.
* Does not require any installation on Windows: unzip, it works!
* Can be put on an usb key drive and brought everywhere!
* Imports JMDict, a word dictionary with a lot of interesting metadata.
* Imports JMnedict, a proper name dictionary.
* Imports EDICT, a format in which you can find many specialized dictionaries (science, computing, etc).
* Imports Kanjidic2, a kanji dictionary with over 10,000 entries.
* Finds words from Japanese (kanji, kana, romaji) or from a
* Can search words with wildcards (* and ?).
* Lists results in a table for quick overview.
* Shows further details about a selected result (part of speech, similar words, dialect...).
* Scans selection from other applications.
* Keeps an history of searched words so you can go back and go forward easily.
* Includes translations (interface) for several languages.