Photivo is a free and open source photo processor. It handles your RAW files as well as your bitmap files in a non-destructive 16 bit processing pipe with integrated gimp export and batch mode. It can be used on Linux, Windows and Mac.
Photivo is just a developer, no manager and no “Gimp”. It is intended to be used in a workflow together with digiKam/F-Spot/Shotwell and Gimp. It needs a quite strong computer and is not aimed at beginners.
- 16-bit internal processing, color managed with LCMS2.
- Gimp workflow integration (import and export)
- Works with RAWs and Bitmaps (8 bit bitmaps are transformed and processed with 16 bit, which usually gives better results).
- CA correction, Green equilibration, line denoise, badpixel reduction, wavelet denoise, median filters on RAW data.
- Demosaicing: Bilinear, VNG, VNG4, PPG, AHD, DCB, mod. AHD, VCD, LMMSE.
- RGB, R, G, B, L*, a*, b*, Texture, Detail, Saturation, L* by Hue, Base curve.
- Tonemapping (Reinhard 05 (RGB Brighten), Fattal et al. (Dynamic range compress)).
- Several local contrast filters (HiRaLoAm (Local contrast), texture contrast, local contrast stretch).
- Sharpen (Edge avoiding wavlets, USM, Highpass, Inverse diffusion, Wiener filter, Gradient sharpen).
- Denoise, seperately on Luminance and Color (Edge avoiding wavlets, GreyCStoration, Wavelet, Masked bilateral, Pyramid).
- Adaptive saturation.
- Film grain simulation.
- Black and white conversion.
- (Split) Toning.
- Cross processing.
- Gradual overlay (like Cokin filters).
- Softglow / Orton.
- Batch mode.