This extension is made for watching TV shows. It was supposed to automatically save the position and episode, but due to limitations in newer versions of VLC (no more event callbacks) this is sadly not possible.
What it CAN do is:
- create playlists for easy access
- save the position when manually deactivated
- resume episodes where left off
- overwrite existing playlists, so you can update them when new episodes come out
I made this extension split the file path into two parts, the base path and the episode path. This is so you can reuse your playlist files on different computers and only have to change one line. The path is split on the first occurrence of the string "Season". This means your video files have to be in a folder containing the word "Season" or it won't work!
- Download vlcTADED.zip
- Copy vlcTADED.lua into your extensions folder, as described here: http://www.vlchelp.com/install-vlc-media-player-addon/
- Copy the "vlcTADED" folder to your document directory
- Remember to put your videos in a "Season" folder!
Even though this didn't turn out as convenient as I pictured it to be (auto saving, hotkey support, auto enabled), I still find it very handy. Hope you like it and have fun :)