Jump to time (Previous frame) is VLC Extension that can:
- jump to a desired time in a played media;
- jump forward/backward by a desired time length;
- split-second jumps imitating previous/next frame;*
- show actual playback time with milliseconds;
- use time longer than 24 hours;
- repeat a desired scene again and again (A-loop);
- convert time.
It cannot make a cup of coffee for you :-)
Automatic DOWNLOAD & INSTALLATION of the extension is now (VLC-2.2) available through the Addons Manager in VLC menu (Tools > Plugins and extensions).
Manual DOWNLOAD & INSTALLATION:
- click the download button below
- save the .zip file
- extract (unzip) the .lua file and put it in VLC subdir /lua/extensions, by default:
* Windows (all users): %ProgramFiles%\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\extensions\
* Windows (current user): %APPDATA%\VLC\lua\extensions\
* Linux (all users): /usr/lib/vlc/lua/extensions/
* Linux (current user): ~/.local/share/vlc/lua/extensions/
* Mac OS X (all users): /Applications/VLC.app/Contents/MacOS/share/lua/extensions/
* Mac OS X (current user): /Users/%your_name%/Library/Application Support/org.videolan.vlc/lua/extensions/
(create directories if they don't exist)
- Restart VLC or just reload extensions (Tools > Plugins and extensions > Active Extensions tab: Reload extensions button).
Then you simply start the extension by going to the "View" menu or "Vlc > Extensions" on Mac OS X.
1 year ago
v2.1 (28.9.2015) 24717
- compact size layout of the dialog box (a trick with right buttons over spanned text input fields) caused troubles on OS X => no spanning now
- removed ampersands from buttons on OS X as they do not work as hotkeys there
- added "Pause/Play" button
Jump to time 2.0 (11.5.2015) 22382
- reworked and renamed "Previous frame" extension
- libvlc hotkeys (unsupported callbacks since VLC-2.1) replaced with dialog box hotkeys at least
Previous frame 1.0 (10.1.2013)