The extension works in VLC-2.0.x. VLC archive: http://download.videolan.org/vlc/
Time (lite) is VLC extension (extension script "time-lite.lua") that displays running time on the screen in a playing video.
It is a lite version of VLC extension: Time http://addons.videolan.org/content/show.php?content=149618
It contains no dialog box with options and displays only operating system's actual time in top-right corner.
- click on the download button below
- when the file appears click on the menu file > save as... of your browser
Put the file in the VLC subdir /lua/extensions, by default:
* Windows (all users): %ProgramFiles%\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\extensions\
* Windows (current user): %APPDATA%\VLC\lua\extensions\
* Linux (all users): /usr/share/vlc/lua/extensions/
* Linux (current user): ~/.local/share/vlc/lua/extensions/
* Mac OS X (all users): /Applications/VLC.app/Contents/MacOS/share/lua/extensions/
(create directories if they don't exist)
Restart the VLC.
Then you simply use the extension by going to the "View" menu and selecting it there.