Sampler (PG).lua - is modified and improved sampler. Now it works as a playlist generator (PG) also in VLC-2.1+.
It is VLC Lua Extension that generates samples of playlist items of desired duration. Now you can create a music collage, automatically preview your film collection, skip intro and credits in series, shuffle tracks, ...
sampler.lua - The extension works in VLC-2.0.x. VLC archive: http://download.videolan.org/vlc/
It plays samples of playlist items of desired duration.
With this extension you can automatically preview your film collection or play interesting sound collage from your music files.
Automatic DOWNLOAD & INSTALLATION of the extension is now (VLC-2.2) available through the Addons Manager in VLC menu (Tools > Plugins and extensions).
Manual DOWNLOAD & INSTALLATION:
- click the download button below
- save the .zip file
- extract (unzip) the .lua file and put it in the VLC subdir /lua/extensions, by default:
* Windows (all users): %ProgramFiles%\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\extensions\
* Windows (current user): %APPDATA%\VLC\lua\extensions\
* Linux (all users): /usr/lib/vlc/lua/extensions/
* Linux (current user): ~/.local/share/vlc/lua/extensions/
(create directories if they don't exist)
- restart the VLC.
Then you simply start the extension by going to the "View" menu or "Vlc > Extensions" on Mac OS X.
2 years ago
Sampler (PG) 1.0 (22.5.2014)
- modified sampler now works as a playlist generator also in VLC-2.1+
- [Read playlist], [Clear playlist], [Feed playlist] buttons
- set 0 "Samples per item" or "Sample duration" to play all between "Skip begin/end" (intro/credits).
- "Shuffle tracks" and "Autofeed on last track"
Sampler 1.1 (26.5.2013)
- applied "go to time" workaround; now the extension works also in VLC 2.0.x
- randomization of pseudo-random generator
- minor changes in the code
Sampler 1.0 (23.3.2012)
- initial release; works in VLC1, does not work properly in new VLC2
- Ticket #6527: http://trac.videolan.org/vlc/ticket/6527