It parse the internet shortcuts (Uniform Resource Locator).
It is particularly useful to open url files that point to streamings or to YouTube videos.
How to install and use:
1) Install VLC 1.1.0 or higher
2) Place the script in:
- Windows (all users): %ProgramFiles%VideoLANVLCluaplaylist
- Windows (current user): %APPDATA%VLCluaplaylist
- Linux (all users): /usr/share/vlc/lua/playlist/
- Linux (current user): ~/.local/share/vlc/lua/playlist/
- Mac OS X (all users): /Applications/VLC.app/Contents/MacOS/share/lua/playlist/
- Mac OS X (current user): ~/Library/Application Support/org.videolan.vlc/lua/playlist/
3) Open the URL files in VLC