Apple like bootsplash for grub:
Today I was searching for splash screen like that over the i-net to be able to complete my Mac OS X visual style with the boot screen, so i couldn't find it and I decide to make it so here it is. Hope to like it.
unpack in /etc/bootsplash/themes/
and edit /etc/sysconfig/bootsplash
and run mkinitrd -s [xres]x[yres]
Installation on SuSE:
* Move unpacked folder to /etc/bootsplash/themes/
* run YaST
* goto "System" -> "/etc/sysconfig Editor" -> "System" -> "Boot" -> "THEME"
* in the bar "Setting of: THEME write down Hummer"
* click "finish".
* goto konsole, type as root mkinitrd -s [xres]x[yres] , e.g. mkinitrd -s 1280x1024
* if you get an error, go to the folder with datas, enter dir config, and open the file bootsplash xx containig your resolution with editor. In this file, delete the last line (i think it was logo_console = vt or sth like that, the same expression like in the error).
* run mkinitrd -s xxx again
* restart system and N'joy