mcOS Original Colour theme for Plank Dock
Wear your Dock like mcOS Original Colour style.
In our Linux environment, most distributions are known to be very customizable, and we can find from GTK and QT themes, icons, Shell themes, to have an identical appearance to the macOS desktop; but a special quality stands out on the macOS desktop, and this is the Dock.
In Linux there are many Docks to choose from, but the one that comes to mind is Plank Dock, which is characterized by its simplicity; everyone in the Linux community knows this excellent piece of software, simple, but customizable; and to make it look like we like, we just have to apply some themes, that's why I created these themes that will give a similar appearance of the Apple operating system Dock.
But, how to install the Plank Dock?
> Plank Dock is in the repositories of all most Linux distributions, so you only need to go to the application store of your distribution, such as Ubuntu Store, KDE Neon, Deepin, etc., do a search with the name of the Dock and give click on install.
But for those who like to use the legendary Linux Terminal, you only need to execute some commands; So, open your application menu, find the terminal and type.
- For Ubuntu users and derivatives:
- "sudo apt install plank"
- For Arch Linux and derivatives:
- "sudo pacman -S plank"
- For OpenSuse and derivatives:
- "sudo zypper install plank"
- For Fedora and derivatives:
- "sudo yum install plank"
Applying the Plank Themes.
To apply the Plank Dock themes, you just need to download the Plank themes, extract the zip, tar.gz, etc., files and move the extracted files to any of the following paths:
1. For LOCAL Directory:
- Once the file are extracted, press "ctr + h" and the hidden files will be shown, now, move the files to "/.local/share/plank/themes".
2. For ROOT Directory:
- Extract the files and open the terminal, type "sudo nautilus" (or whatever your file manager is in your distro) when nautilus is open, move the files to the next path: "/usr/share/plank/themes"
Now, to apply each theme in Plank Dock, place the cursor on any icon in Plank Dock and press "ctrl + right click", select the preferences and choose the theme of your choice.
Each one separated in its own version.
The original colours, light and dark, separated in their own place.
Here the links:
I HOPE YOU ENJOY THEM!!! };-]