A lot of shows/movies come with available subtitles. This extension searches the folder the playing video is in for appropriate subtitles. Default is set to English. Language can be changed by modifyng variable _TARGETLANG via a text editor.
1. Download extension
2. If you primary language is not English, you can change the default language from English to your language by updating the variable _TARGETLANG in the downloaded .lua file. Else, skip this step.
3. Depending on your OS, copy lua file into
* Windows (all users): %ProgramFiles%\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\extensions
* Windows (all users x86): C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\extensions
* Windows (current user): %APPDATA%\VLC\lua\extensions
* Linux (all users): /usr/lib/vlc/lua/extensions/
* Linux (current user): ~/.local/share/vlc/lua/extensions/
4. Restart VLC player and play a movie
5. In the menu, click Views and the VLCSubber
Tested working on Win 10 x64
This software/resource is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied and such software is to be used at your own risk. While it was created taking many aspects and factors in mind, the use of this software/resource is done at your own discretion and risk and with agreement that you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from such activities. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from us shall create any warranty for the software/resource. Additionally, we make no warranty that: (a) This software/resource will meet your requirements, (b) This software/resource will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free, (c) The results from the use of this software/resource will be effective, accurate or reliable, (d) The quality of this software/resource will meet your expectations, (e) If errors or problems occur in connection with a download of this software/resource obtained from the links on this website, they will be corrected.