Krita also crashes using polyester, but in kde apps the style can be set as an argument (--style <style>). That is not possible with OOo, which i unfortunately needs to run.
According to krita devs, polyester can not handle their costum spinbox. I do not know what the problem is with OOo, except it is affecting the main application window of any OOo app i tried starting.
I hope this can be fixed, as polyester is my all time favorite! - Oct 08 2010
This is with the kde4 beta version. - Nov 02 2008
Thanks for putting it here! - Dec 24 2009
Otherwise, nice applet :) - Dec 21 2009
I updated, and it looks fine in plasmoidviewer.
Here are some suggestions:
1. The usage of a timer to figure out when to update is broken for many laptop users, since we tend to just suspend the system (well, I do at least), so the applet isn't correctly updated. I suggest using the time engine and to check weather to update every 1, 5 or 10 minutes, at least as long as there is no safe way of knowing when the system resumes (there is not at this point, afaics).
2. instead of or in addition to updating at midnight, update when the next event is finished, so that past events never shows.
3. For events "today" or "tomorrow", do not show the date in the event string. "10:30 Meeting with development team" would suffice!
4. Change the group "week" to "this week" and have it contain events in the rest of the current week (after "today" and "tomorrow") if any. For those events, the string could be "Friday 10.30 Meeting with development team" ("<day> <time> <event title>")
5. I am not aware of the following titles, but after "this week", maybe "next week" would be nice, followed by month groups.
6. Default to a shorter time than a year, what about 7 days?
7. Make the event title simpler - what about just "upcoming events"? Afterall "akonadi" is an abstraction that is not really meant for end users!
8. Replace the tooltip with a nice plasma one :)
9. If contact/korganizer is running, the edit dialog is displayed on a different desktop, and not getting focus. Maybe there is a way to fix this, or will be in the future? The nicest thing would be to create a dialog for it unrelated to korganizer, but I do not know if the dialog is available for that.
Hm, that was a lot of suggestions - I could maybe help with some of it, if you like it? - Dec 04 2009
After restarting plasma (i logged out and back in, but i guess killing off plasma would suffice), I got the menu entry.
It works, but
* I do not see why it should not go into the settings dialog - from a user perspective that is where it belongs
* It shows all akonadi resources, it would be smart to limit it to calendar resources - Dec 04 2009
So i built from your git repository, but i do not see resource selection at this point? - Dec 01 2009
I could not do "git clone http://github.com/geflei/plasmoid-eventlist/", file http://github.com/geflei/plasmoid-eventlist/info not found. Did you run git update-server-info on the server? (question from git output)
I'm new to git though, so this may be a mistake on my side (?) - Dec 01 2009
Another suggestion: Why not simply put "Upcoming Events" as title - who cares that they come from someehting called akonadi?? - Nov 18 2009
Yes, I have various resources, including googlecalendar and at least one online calendar, + some local ical files.
Maybe it is possible to make the waiting time not blocking (it blocks plasma). The loading is not blocking in korganizer (and shouldn't that data be shared?)
Sounds very good with resource selection, preferably a list with multi selection, like in korganizer.
I'll be happy to test or do other stuff to help! - Nov 18 2009
I can not click an event to view the details, though, and for me, the ability to show events from selected resources is required for it to make sense. - Nov 18 2009
The reason I ask is that I think a user friendly DVD creatior application for Linux is badly missing, and that KDVDCreator is a possible candidate, given the development continues in an open way.
So, where is this headed? - Dec 06 2008
KCrash: Application 'kdvdcreator' crashing... - Nov 01 2008
What about support for wind information? Is it possible to have that? - Nov 02 2008
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/NoteFinder.pyw", line 32, in <module>
from notefinder import main_impl
File "usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/notefinder/main_impl.py", line 59, in <module>
ImportError: No module named Settings - Sep 22 2008
Various KDE 1.-4. Improvements 15 comments
Various KDE 1.-4. Improvements 5 comments
Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or in #kate in irc.kde.org, or our mailing list, email@example.com - Mar 07 2007
Were you aware of KateSessionMenu (http://www.alweb.dk/projects/kate_session_menu) when you wrote this?
It is now part of the default distribution, and is shipped with KDE since ver 3.5.6. - Mar 07 2007
* You could ask the owner of the kdeapps dolphin entry to add this to the downloads (http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=40491)
* There is an earlier version (0.6) in universe - why not replace that? - Dec 25 2006
After correcting $HOST to $HOSTNAME, i now get an error from montage about '--' not being a valid geometry.
It comes from "-$OVER-$OVER", and i have no idea why $OVER is wrong. - Dec 17 2006
That is probably a bad expectation! most users likely have bash as the default shell. - Dec 17 2006
Various KDE 1.-4. Improvements 11 comments
Make it only display the sender time if the sender is in a different time zone than the receiver. - Oct 23 2006
You can allways find the files at the homepage. - Jan 17 2006
The font on the GUI is BenguiatGot Bk BT
Both fonts are available in a huge archieve of free fonts that can be downloaded from kde-look.org - Oct 29 2005
If you can come up with a more exact description (examples, please) of your folding problems, please do so and lets see if we can do something about it.
Kindly direct a further description to firstname.lastname@example.org or file a bug report at http://bugs.kde.org - Mar 19 2005
For example, in code we could spellcheck only strings and documentation comments. Or for HTML only element text and certain element attributes such as title, summary, alt and similar.
Additionally, it might be possible in the future to use aspell filters directly. - Mar 19 2005
With the last version of kate (2.4) you can do replace (as well as find and ifind) using kates commandline. Press F7 to show the command line and enter 'replace PATTERN REPLACEMENT'.
You can use flags to change the properties of the replace options, for example 'replace:ir PATTERN REPLACEMENT' will do a case insensitive regular expression search for PATTERN, (and allow using backreferences in REPLACEMENT).
For detailled information, see help or use the commandline help: the command 'help replace' will show a brief help message. - Mar 19 2005
Just make sure the events you want to share are 'public'.
To let others add events to a shared calendar, simply make the calendar resource writable by them using the standard methods of your environment (file permissions). - Mar 19 2005
http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=18467 - Dec 03 2004
With locate, you can use urls like for example
'locate:~/+.kwd' to find all kword documents in your home directory.
Konqueror also has a built in 'find' tool, go to "Tools->Find File" in a directory. - Nov 13 2004